We’re planning for the future of philanthropy
At the IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, we increase the understanding of philanthropy and improve its practice worldwide through critical inquiry, interdisciplinary research, teaching, training, and civic engagement.
The overall vision of our strategic plan is for philanthropic studies to be recognized as an integrated field of study that develops positive and lasting change in the world.
- Advance knowledge about philanthropic studies and the practice of philanthropy based on an interdisciplinary approach of questions, methods, and domains that engages the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Enhance the excellence of academic programs to provide students with diverse perspectives on philanthropic studies and the worldwide practice of philanthropy.
- Strengthen the relationship between theory and practice for scholars, students, and practitioners.
- Engage with the world of practice to convene conversations, disseminate best practices, and strengthen leadership in the philanthropic sector.
- Attract outstanding and diverse students to the school and support them in their academic and professional pursuits.
- Grow diverse revenue streams to support the school and its programs.
- Develop a culture that welcomes the contributions of all faculty, staff, and students in building the preeminence of the IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy and the field of philanthropic studies.
Discover our mission, vision, and values