Our honors program offers select students the opportunity to enroll in a challenging academic program that enhances learning opportunities.
- Increased opportunities to interact with faculty members.
- Greater depth of learning through additional challenges.
- Enhanced relationships with other motivated, high-achieving students.
- Membership in the IUPUI Honors College, access to Honors College advisors, Honors College Housing and use of the Honors College facility—which includes dedicated study space, a computer lab, and group-work rooms.
- Eligible for the $2,500 study abroad stipend for an approved academic study abroad experience.
- The opportunity to graduate with an honors distinction from IUPUI.
Admission criteria and application
To qualify for admission to the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Honors Program, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at IUPUI as a philanthropic studies major.
- Have earned at least a 3.5 GPA in a minimum of 12 credit hours at IUPUI.
- Have at least four semesters of full-time study left to complete your degree.
- Submit a complete Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Honors Program application by July 22.
To graduate with honors, you must:
- Earn at least one honors credit each fall and spring semester after you’re admitted to the honors program (maximum of six hours of honors credit or two courses per semester).
- Earn 24 hours of honors credit through designated honors courses or courses with approved honors contracts with at least a B in those courses.
- Complete at least 15 of the 24 hours of honors credit in Lilly Family School of Philanthropy courses.
- Maintain a cumulative Indiana University GPA of at least 3.3.
- Maintain at least a 3.3 GPA in all honors coursework.
- Maintain full-time student status.
To apply to our honors program please complete the form below.