Join the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy for a conversation with Henrietta Fore, executive director of UNICEF, and David Rubenstein, philanthropist and co-founder and co-executive chairman of The Carlyle Group, about new findings from the Global Philanthropy Environment Index on the state of incentives and barriers to philanthropy and other financial flows from the developed to the developing world.
April 17, 2018
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20004
Live Video Stream
Watch the live stream below (Please note that this link will direct to videos of past Hudson Institute events. It will go live for "The Changing Landscape of Global Philanthropy" at approximately 2:45 p.m. ET on April 17.)
The new information is timely: increasing barriers to private giving and volunteerism and shrinking space for civil society have the potential to constrain or impede the work of organizations around the world. A panel of distinguished philanthropy and economic development leaders will discuss challenges and opportunities facing companies, foundations, and nonprofits as they tackle global issues including public health, education, refugee integration, assisting children, and more.
The Global Philanthropy Environment Index measures the ease of donating money and time to social causes within a country or across borders, and how conducive countries' policies are to philanthropy domestically and internationally. The event will bring together corporate executives, public policy makers, and nonprofit leaders to discuss these important issues.
- Ken Weinstein, Ph.D., President and CEO, Hudson Institute
- Amir Pasic, Ph.D., Eugene R. Tempel Dean, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, Indiana University
The Honorable Todd Young, United States Senator, Indiana
Chairman, Subcommittee On Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, And International Economic, Energy, And Environmental Policy
United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
Global Philanthropy Environment Index findings
- Una Osili, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Research and International Programs, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, Indiana University
David Rubenstein conversation with Henrietta Fore
Panel Discussion and Q&A
- Carol Adelman, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute and Visiting Research Professor, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Doug Rutzen, President and CEO, International Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- Parastou Youssefi, Senior Program Officer, Philanthropic Partnership, Global Policy & Advocacy, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation