Dynamic Diversity: Promoting Emerging Leaders, a partnership between the Indiana University School of Social Work and the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, is a program designed to provide real-world learning opportunities for social work or philanthropy graduate students to practice skills necessary for future leadership in nonprofit organizations.
These skills include project planning, implementation, and evaluation as well as collaboration with diverse individuals. This program was also created to promote the importance of diversity and inclusion on the IUPUI campus and the surrounding community.
This program is funded by the IUPUI Welcoming Campus Innovation Fund, and will allow four student projects (two from each participating school) to be selected that:
- Are planned and implemented by a graduate student in either of the participating schools
- Include a collaborating nonprofit organization from the Indianapolis or surrounding community
- Have a planned impact on the IUPUI campus to further diversity and acceptance
- Describe desired outcomes and contain a plan for measurement and evaluation of those outcomes
Selected projects will result in a $1500 scholarship for the student, a $1500 stipend to the partnering nonprofit organization, and up to $1500 for costs associated with the project (supplies, copies, food, etc.). There will be a recognition ceremony in April 2018 to highlight the student and nonprofit organization’s projects and accomplishments.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current Master’s level social work or philanthropy student enrolled and attending courses on the IUPUI campus
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Submit the completed form below, along with a signed letter of support from the partnering nonprofit organization or its representative confirming the partner's commitment to the project and their role. Students must complete the application in full to be considered. Questions should be directed to Dr. Beth Wahler at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: October 1, 2017
Award notices will be sent by November 1, 2017. Please note that all selected awardees and a representative from the partnering nonprofit organization will be required to meet with the Dynamic Diversity Advisory Committee on either November 13 or 14.