- Vanderbilt University- Bachelor of Music. Violin Musical Arts, Human and Organizational Development (double major)
- Indiana University- Mauer School of Law/JD
Sonia Chen Arnold is an attorney with Eli Lilly and Company and serves as Assistant General Counsel in Litigation and Legal Compliance. In her role, Sonia is responsible for managing major litigation matters for the Company. She also provides legal counsel and strategic direction on the Company’s eDiscovery efforts, as well as assisting in the management of the Lilly Preferred Outside Counsel Program. Previously, Sonia served as the global brand attorney for Lilly’s cardiovascular business unit.
Sonia attended Vanderbilt University for her undergraduate degree, where she double majored in Violin Musical Arts and Human and Organizational Development. Sonia earned her law degree from Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington, Indiana in 2001. Before joining Lilly, Sonia was an attorney at Bingham Greenebaum Doll, LLP (formerly Bingham McHale, LLP), focusing her practice on complex business litigation. Prior to entering private practice, Sonia also clerked for two years with the Indiana Court of Appeals with the Honorable Ezra H. Friedlander.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as "Rising Star" by Indiana Super Lawyers, 2009, 2010, and 2011
- Graduate of Class XXXIII of the Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series, 2008-2009
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana’s Young Professional of the Year Award Finalist, 2008
- Asian American Alliance
Board Member, 2013-current
- International Violin Competition of Indianapolis
Board Member, 2011-present