301 University Boulevard
- Master of Science in Education—Indiana University
- Graduate Certificate in Philanthropic Studies—IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Bachelor of Arts—Hanover College
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management, Indiana Economic Development Certificate, Community Development Certificate, Certified Training Consultant
Cathy is a resident of Pensacola, Florida, and holds the title of Associate Director of Education at The Fund Raising School (TFRS), Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University. She currently serves as lead practitioner faculty for many of the face-to-face professional development courses as well as online courses. Cathy joined TFRS first in a curriculum design capacity, updating course materials, implementing adult learning strategies into course design, and creating new faculty guides and instructional tools.
Cathy has 15 years’ experience running small nonprofits and quasi-government agencies, as well as board and volunteer experience in a wide range of subsectors. She also has career experience in k-12 and college level curriculum design, college access, grant proposal writing and grant management, solid waste and recycling program management, newspaper writing, and classroom instruction ranging from elementary school through college.
Cathy has a Master’s in Education from Indiana University and a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education from Hanover College. She holds a Certificate in Fund Raising Management, completed the Graduate Certificate in Philanthropic Studies from Indiana University in 2015, and is currently pursuing Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification. She is a member of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Talent Development (ATD), Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (NACGP) and Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO).
The Fund Raising School
- Principles and Techniques of Fundraising
- Developing Major Gifts
- Developing Annual Sustainability
- Managing the Capital Campaign
- Fundraising for Small Nonprofits
- Interpersonal Communications
Ivy Tech Community College
- IVY 101 First Year Seminar
- IVY 120 New Student Seminar
- Beginners Guide to Grant Writing