- J.D. cum laude, Indiana University School of Law
- B.S. with honors, Indiana University
- A.A. Stephens College for Women
- SPEA-V 540 Law and Public Affairs
- SPEA-V 376 Law and Public Policy
- SPEA-V 450/SPEA-V 550 The Individual and the Community
- SPEA-V 260 Sin and Crime
- SPEA-V 450 / SPEA-V 550 Mass Media and Public Affairs
- SPEA-V 450 / SPEA-V 550 Classic Confrontation: Policy Then and Now
- SPEA-V 550 Religion and Public Policy
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess and Shultz, David. "American Public Services: Constitutional and Ethical Foundations" (Jones and Bartlett, 2010).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess. "Distrust, American Style: Diversity and the Crisis of Public Confidence" (Prometheus Books, 2009).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess. "God and Country: America in Red and Blue" (Baylor University Press, 2007).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess and Wolfgang Bielefeld. "Charitable Choice at Work: Faith-Based Job Training in the States" (Georgetown University Press, 2006).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess. "Pickin' Fights with Thunderstorms" (C.S. Kern Publishing, 2005).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess and Ingrid Ritchie. "To Market, To Market: Reinventing Indianapolis" (University Press of America, 2001).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess. "Free Expression in America: A Documentary History" (Greenwood Press, 1999).
- Kennedy, Sheila Suess. "What's a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing at the ACLU?" (Prometheus Books, 1997).
Honors & Awards
- Chancellor's Faculty Award for Excellence in Civic Engagement, 2010
- Trustee Teaching Award, IUPUI, 2009
- Outstanding Alumni of the Year, IU School of Law–Indianapolis, 2008
- Robert Risk Award for Lifetime Achievement, ACLU of Indiana, 2008
- Johnson Award for Best Paper in Ethics and Accountability, 2005
- Champion of Liberty Award from the Marion County Libertarians, 2004
- Building Bridges of Understanding Award from Indy Choruses, 2004
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 2004, 2005
- Citation of Excellence, Emerald Management Independent Review Board
- IUPUI's Outstanding Female Faculty (one of 47), 2002
- Who's Who in America 2002
- Jencks Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Field of Law in Indiana (2002)
- Indiana Liberty Award, Lambda Legal Defense (2001)
- American Library Association, 30th Anniversary Roll of Honor, Office for Intellectual Freedom and Freedom to Read Foundation (1999)
- Regular columnist for Indianapolis Business Journal; former columnist for Indianapolis Star, Indiana Word
- Editorial Board, Public Administration Review
- Indiana Advisory Committee, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Co-chair, City-County Council Caucus 2003 Transition Team
- Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee Race Relations Advisory Council
- Board, American Values Alliance
- Steering Committee, Lawyers Council, ACLU of Indiana
Lilly Family School of Philanthropy social media channels