Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Online (Asynchronous)||June 12, 2023–July 23, 2023||$1,345||Register|
|Indianapolis||August 21, 2023–August 23, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Online (Asynchronous)||September 11, 2023–October 22, 2023||$1,345||Register|
|Chicago||September 25, 2023–September 27, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||October 9, 2023–October 11, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|San Diego||November 6, 2023–November 8, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Fort Lauderdale||December 4, 2023–December 6, 2023||$1,295||Register|
Managing the Capital Campaign is offered in the following three formats:
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Online (Asynchronous) Schedule
The asynchronous online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual Class Schedule
The live, virtual class is held over six sessions from 2pm to 5pm Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform.
More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
View the virtual course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person, online, and virtual dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Managing the Capital Campaign qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine your organization’s readiness for capital fundraising
- Plan a capital campaign from preparation to celebration
- Develop and use gift range charts as planning, involvement, and evaluation tools
- Enlist and motivate the right volunteer leadership for your capital campaign
- Conduct prospect research that helps to determine gift capacity
- Integrate capital fundraising in your development program
You’ll also learn
- The role of capital fundraising in your development program
- Current trends in fundraising
- Effective use of a consultant
What you’ll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive study guide for future reference
- “Best practices” advice on capital campaigns
- A checklist for gauging internal readiness for capital fundraising
- Marketing tools to assess campaign feasibility
- Exercises in goal setting
- Tips for involving volunteers