Managing the Capital Campaign
Build your fundraising skills to build your next building. Learn the five phases of a successful capital campaign that will help you design a visionary goal with a specific timeline, engage your board and involve your community – all while avoiding costly mistakes and maintaining your current funding.
Certificates: Fund Raising Management
|Virtual (Live)||January 09, 2024 - February 13, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
|Atlanta||January 22, 2024 - January 24, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
|Online (Asynchronous)||February 05, 2024 - March 17, 2024||$1,345.00||Register|
|Indianapolis||February 26, 2024 - February 28, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
|Indianapolis||April 01, 2024 - April 03, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
|Grapevine (Dallas-Fort Worth)||April 22, 2024 - April 24, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
|Denver||June 24, 2024 - June 26, 2024||$1,295.00||Register|
Managing the Capital Campaign is offered in the following three formats:
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
|8:30||Introductions and Expectations|
|3:00||Campaign Planning - Objectives, Goal, Timeline|
|8:30||Review of Previous Day|
|8:45||Case for Support|
|10:30||Budget & Financial Modeling|
|1:15||Communications, Campaign Theme and Name, & Donor Recognition|
|8:30||Review of Previous Day|
|10:30||Prospective Donor Solicitation|
|1:15||Public Phase, Celebration, Stewardship, Review and Learn|
|3:15||Application & Action Planning|
Online (Asynchronous) Schedule
The asynchronous online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you’ll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual (Live) Schedule
The live, virtual class is held over six sessions from 2pm to 5pm Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform. More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
The January 9-February 13, 2024 virtual class will be held on the following dates:
Tuesday, January 9
Tuesday, January 16
Tuesday, January 23
Tuesday, January 30
Tuesday, February 6
Tuesday, February 13
For a complete agenda, email email@example.com.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person, online, and virtual dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Managing the Capital Campaign qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card or check. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine your organization’s readiness for capital fundraising
- Plan a capital campaign from preparation to celebration
- Develop and use gift range charts as planning, involvement, and evaluation tools
- Enlist and motivate the right volunteer leadership for your capital campaign
- Conduct prospect research that helps to determine gift capacity
- Integrate capital fundraising in your development program
You’ll also learn
- The role of capital fundraising in your development program
- Current trends in fundraising
- Effective use of a consultant
What you’ll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive study guide for future reference
- “Best practices” advice on capital campaigns
- A checklist for gauging internal readiness for capital fundraising
- Marketing tools to assess campaign feasibility
- Exercises in goal setting
- Tips for involving volunteers