Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Minneapolis||August 26, 2019–August 28, 2019||$1,295||Full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.|
|Houston||September 9, 2019–September 11, 2019||$1,295||Three seats left! Please email email@example.com for registration details.|
|Washington, D.C.||October 9, 2019–October 11, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|New Orleans||March 16, 2020–March 18, 2020||$1,295||Register|
|Chicago||April 20, 2020–April 22, 2020||$1,295||Register|
|IUPUI University Library||June 15, 2020–June 17, 2020||$1,295||Register|
The class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
View the class agenda.
The city name located next to each course date is a hyperlink. Please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations. Registrants will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Managing the Capital Campaign qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine your organization’s readiness for capital fundraising
- Plan a capital campaign from preparation to celebration
- Develop and use gift range charts as planning, involvement, and evaluation tools
- Enlist and motivate the right volunteer leadership for your capital campaign
- Conduct prospect research that helps to determine gift capacity
- Integrate capital fundraising in your development program
You’ll also learn
- The role of capital fundraising in your development program
- Current trends in fundraising
- Effective use of a consultant
What you’ll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive study guide for future reference
- “Best practices” advice on capital campaigns
- A checklist for gauging internal readiness for capital fundraising
- Marketing tools to assess campaign feasibility
- Exercises in goal setting
- Tips for involving volunteers