Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Virtual classroom||January 4, 2022–February 8, 2022||$1,295||Register|
|Dallas||January 24, 2022–January 26, 2022||$1,295||Register|
|Online||February 28, 2022–April 10, 2022||$1,345||Register|
|Indianapolis||March 7, 2022–March 9, 2022||$1,295||Register|
|Washington, D.C.||May 16, 2022–May 18, 2022||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||May 23, 2022–May 25, 2022||$1,295||Register|
|Online||June 13, 2022–July 24, 2022||$1,345||Register|
Managing the Capital Campaign is offered in the following three formats:
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The asynchronous online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual Class Schedule
The live, virtual class is held over six Tuesdays from 2pm to 5pm Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform.
More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The virtual course agenda will be available soon.
The city name located next to each course date is a hyperlink. Please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations. Registrants will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Managing the Capital Campaign qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine your organization’s readiness for capital fundraising
- Plan a capital campaign from preparation to celebration
- Develop and use gift range charts as planning, involvement, and evaluation tools
- Enlist and motivate the right volunteer leadership for your capital campaign
- Conduct prospect research that helps to determine gift capacity
- Integrate capital fundraising in your development program
You’ll also learn
- The role of capital fundraising in your development program
- Current trends in fundraising
- Effective use of a consultant
What you’ll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive study guide for future reference
- “Best practices” advice on capital campaigns
- A checklist for gauging internal readiness for capital fundraising
- Marketing tools to assess campaign feasibility
- Exercises in goal setting
- Tips for involving volunteers