Our honors program offers select students the opportunity to enroll in a challenging academic program that enhances learning opportunities.
Enrich your academic experience
- Increased opportunities to interact with faculty members.
- Greater depth of learning.
- Enhanced relationships with other motivated, high-achieving students.
- Membership in the Honors College, access to Honors College advisors, Honors College Housing and use of the Honors College facility—which includes dedicated study space, a computer lab, and group-work rooms.
- Eligible for the $2,500 study abroad stipend for an approved academic study abroad experience.
- The opportunity to graduate with an honors distinction from IU Indianapolis.
Admission criteria and application
To qualify for admission to the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Honors Program, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at IUPUI as a philanthropic studies major.
- Have earned at least a 3.5 GPA in a minimum of 12 credit hours at IUPUI.
- Have at least four semesters of full-time study left to complete your degree.
- Submit a complete Lilly Family School of Philanthropy Honors Program application by June 1.
To graduate with honors, you must:
- Earn at least one honors credit each fall and spring semester after you’re admitted to the honors program (maximum of six hours of honors credit or two courses per semester).
- Earn 24 hours of honors credit through designated honors courses or courses with approved honors contracts with at least a B in those courses.
- Complete at least 15 of the 24 hours of honors credit in Lilly Family School of Philanthropy courses.
- Complete HON-H 100 Introduction to Honors (1 credit hour) during the first fall semester as an Honors student.
- Complete a Senior Portfolio (The Senior Portfolio is an ePortfolio that students populate throughout their time as an Honors scholar, documenting and reflecting on their Honors learning in and out of the classroom. Students will be introduced to the portfolio in H100 and will be encouraged to populate the ePortfolio each semester through advising modules developed by their Honors advisor).
- Maintain a cumulative Indiana University GPA of at least 3.3.
- Maintain at least a 3.3 GPA in all honors coursework.
- Maintain full-time student status.
To apply to our honors program please complete the form below.