The Muslim Philanthropy Initiative at the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy is excited to launch the ZFI (Zakat Foundation Institute) Muslim Philanthropy and Humanitarian Studies Fellowship.
This one-year fellowship program requires you to take 18 graduate credits at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy leading to a Graduate Certificate in Philanthropic Studies from Indiana University.
In addition, you will receive a Graduate Certificate in Muslim Philanthropy and Humanitarian Studies from ZFI. The program will be part of the newly-established Muslim Philanthropy Initiative.
The ZFI Fellowship is funded by the Zakat Foundation of America and was established in partnership with the Center on Muslim Philanthropy
ZFI covers the cost of Indiana University tuition for the 18 credit hours required for the ZFI Fellowship. All courses required by this program may be done online.
To be eligible for the ZFI Fellowship you must:
- Be admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Philanthropic Studies or M.A. in Philanthropic Studies program
- Have a demonstrated interest in Islam AND Muslim philanthropy, nonprofit and/or humanitarian sectors
- Be admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Muslim Philanthropy and Humanitarian Studies at ZFI
As a ZFI Fellowship student, you will take the following courses from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy:
- Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector
- Muslim Philanthropy
- Applying Ethics in Philanthropy
- Muslim Philanthropy and Humanitarian Sector in Crisis
- Principles and Practices of Fundraising
- Directed Readings in Philanthropic Studies
You will also complete a white paper and a book chapter that will be published by ZFI at the conclusion of the fellowship.
For more information about the ZFI Fellowship please contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.