- Duke University, B.A., 1962
Irene McCutchen (Renie) received a BA from Duke University and enjoyed a strong connection there through serving on the Library Advisory Board and the Divinity School’s “Board of Visitors.” Subsequently she served 10 years on the “Board of Visitors” for the Center for Reconciliation at Duke Divinity School.
Renie has participated in church work including Sunday School teaching, after school teaching programs, and in Outreach-Mission work. She has been on Young Life Committees and served in leadership in “Bible Study Fellowship” in Indianapolis and Bloomington, IN. When she moved to Westport, CT she was asked to be part of the leadership that established “Community Bible Study” in Westport in 1990.
Renie became connected with the Indian Gospel Mission (based in Chennai) through Greens Farms Church and currently works with the Third Millennium Foundation and National Christian Foundation to support Indian Gospel Mission. She serves as a Deacon at Greens Farms Church in Westport.
- Lilly Family School of Philanthropy—Board of Visitors Member
- Third Millennium Foundation—President
- Indian Gospel Mission, Chennai, India
- Ruth Lilly Philanthropic Foundation—Committee Member
- Duke Divinity School—Center for Reconciliation
- Luis Palau President’s Council—participating in CityServe NYC 2014 and 2015
- Greens Farms Church, Westport, Connecticut—Deacon
- New York City Leadership Center—Movement Day
- Humane Society of the U.S. Faith Partner Projects, Indiana State Council
- Heritage Museums and Gardens—Corporator
Honors & Awards
- Charles A. Dukes For Outstanding Volunteer Service Award—from Duke University 2014
- Community Bible Study—25 years, leadership roles for 22 years
- Fairfield County Connecticut Philanthropic Ventures
- Family events in Indiana, Massachusetts, and California
- Church events in Connecticut and New York City
- International travel
- Theater and Symphony