301 University Blvd
• Doctor of Ministry – Payne Theological Seminary, Wilberforce, OH
• Master of Divinity – Virginia Union University, Richmond, VA
• Master of Education – University of Maryland, College Park, MD
• Bachelor of Arts – Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
Dr. Carlos W. Perkins is Assistant Research Scientist and Associate Director of Engagement in the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Late Institute of Faith and Giving. Carlos is an ordained clergy with the Indiana Conference of the African Methodist Episcopal Church and serves as the senior pastor of Bethel Cathedral AME Church, the oldest black congregation in the city of Indianapolis. Prior to joining Lake Institute on Faith and Giving, Carlos served as principal with the Metropolitan School District of Pike Township in Indiana.
In addition to his work leading a congregation, Dr. Perkins taught classes in Sociology, Psychology, and Human Development. He is a certified Youth Development Specialist and holds certificates in Diversity Training and Designing and Implementing Diversity Initiatives. He is the published author of: Leadership Insights and Applications: African American Students—National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs, and Student Outcomes of Community Service: Assessing the Impact of Service-Learning on Student’s Awareness of and Acceptance of Social Responsibility—University of Maryland Department of Counseling and Personnel Services.
Honors & Awards
• Alumni Humanitarian Award – Ithaca College (November 2022)
Grants & Funding
• “Big Funded Project.” National Science Foundation award no. 12345. $1,000,000. 1/1/2014–12/31/2017