301 University Boulevard
- Ed.D., Creighton University, Interdisciplinary Leadership
- M.A., George Mason University, Public Administration (Nonprofit Leadership)
- B.A., Northwestern University, Journalism
- Certificate in Leadership Excellence, Vanderbilt University
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management, The Fund Raising School
Serving as senior assistant dean for external relations, Bill Stanczykiewicz oversees communications and fundraising for the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy while directing The Fund Raising School. Bill also serves as a core faculty member, teaching graduate and bachelor’s level courses on philanthropy, fundraising, and leadership.
Bill’s professional career spans the philanthropic, public, and private sectors. He served for 17 years as President & CEO of the Indiana Youth Institute, a statewide nonprofit devoted to healthy youth development and academic achievement. This opportunity followed his leadership position in the mayor’s office in Indianapolis, where he served as policy director for community renewal, designing and implementing The Front Porch Alliance.
Additional public administration opportunities have included serving as a staff member on the United States Senate Subcommittee on Children and Families as well as serving as a board member on Indiana’s State Workforce Innovation Council and Indiana’s Education Roundtable.
Bill’s 10-year media career included being honored as the “Indiana Sportscaster of the Year,” and his media skills have been utilized throughout his professional career appearances on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and ESPN as well as numerous state and national newspaper op-eds and radio and television interviews.Honors and awards have included being named a “Sagamore of the Wabash,” a top civic honor conveyed by the State of Indiana, as well as a “Next Generation Leader” by the Rockefeller Foundation.
- PH-201: Introduction to Philanthropic Fundraising
- PH-495: Independent Study
- PH-521: Introduction to the Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector
- PH-530: Leadership & the Philanthropic Sector
Executive Education Courses
- Principles & Techniques of Fundraising
- Developing Major Gifts
- Effective Leadership, Successful Fundraising
- Crisis Leadership, Responsive Fundraising
- Purposeful Boards, Powerful Fundraising
- Boards of Directors, Now More than Ever
- Understanding Philanthropy
- Fundraising from the Business Sector
- Fundraising for Small Nonprofits
- Shaker, G.G., Nathan, S.K., Tempel, E.R., & Stanczykiewicz, B. (2022). Achieving Excellence in Fundraising (5th ed.). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Stanczykiewicz, B. (2016). What all kids need most. Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, 108(1), 7-13.
- Stanczykiewicz, B. (2008). The civil society model: The organic approach to building character, competence, and conscience in our young people. In Kline, K.K. (Ed.), Authoritative communities: The scientific case for nurturing the whole child, (pp. 339-352). Springer Publishing.
- Stanczykiewicz, B. (Ed.). (2003). New directions in philanthropic fundraising: Engaging youth in philanthropy, 38. Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- The Commission on Children at Risk. (2003). Hardwired to connect: The new scientific case for authoritative communities. Institute for American Values.
- Philanthropic fundraising
- Nonprofit boards of directors
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Iota Sigma, International Interdisciplinary Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu, International Jesuit Honor Society
- Sagamore of the Wabash, State of Indiana
- Who’s Who in Education, Indianapolis Business Journal
- Next Generation Leader, Rockefeller Foundation
- Indiana Sportscaster of the Year, Indiana Sportswriters & Sportscasters Association
- ABC’s Good Morning America
- ESPN’s The Top 5 Reasons Why You Can’t Blame…
- PBS Religion & Ethics Weekly
- White House Conference on Helping America’s Youth
- S. Department of Health & Human Services – National Youth Summit
- Saguaro Seminar – Harvard University
- Lilly Endowment – Symposium on Education
- 4-H National Youth Development Conferences
- S. Department of State – Mandela Fellowship
- The South African Institute for Advancement
- National School Foundation Association
- National League of Cities
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities
- Hillel International
- Search Institute’s Healthy Communities Healthy Youth Conference
- Gleaners Food Bank – Board of Directors; Development Committee
- Gull Lake Ministries – Board of Directors
- Indiana Education Roundtable (previous)
- Indiana State Workforce Innovation Council (previous)
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education, 21st Century Scholarship Council (previous)
- Zionsville Community School Corporation, Board of Trustees (previous)
- Indianapolis Super Bowl 2012 Steering Committee – Co-chair, Education Subcommittee
- NCAA Final Four, Indianapolis Local Organizing Committee – Co-chair, Youth Outreach Subcommittee (2006, 2010, 2015)
- Shepherd Community Center – Board of Directors (previous)