Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Denver||April 8, 2019–April 9, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Houston||June 3, 2019–June 4, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||June 17, 2019–June 18, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Online||August 5, 2019–August 30, 2019||$1,345||Register|
|Los Angeles||September 23, 2019–September 24, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Chicago||September 30, 2019–October 1, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 18, 2019–November 19, 2019||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||January 27, 2020–January 28, 2020||$1,295||Register|
Developing Annual Sustainability is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is two days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The online course is four weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Developing Annual Sustainability qualifies for 13.5 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
Create an annual fund that sustains your organization
Learn how to develop a broad, enduring base of supporters and meet your fundraising goals from one year to the next. Involve your staff, your board and other volunteers to identify, cultivate and ask for gifts from new donors while renewing and receiving larger gifts from current donors.
Who should attend
Development officers, annual fund campaign staff, board members, volunteers, prospect researchers, program officers, department heads, and financial officers.
Participants must stay through the end of the class in order to receive Continuing Education Units and the Certificate of Completion. Travel arrangements and other appointments should be scheduled around class times. The course will adjourn at 5 p.m. on the last day.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine which strategies to use and when to use them
- Manage your time effectively
- Make a convincing case for support
- Create gift range charts for planning
- Get volunteers actively involved with your fundraising
- Use the annual fund to support a total development program
You’ll also learn
- How to put together an annual fund by using worksheets
- How to assess the cost efficiency and effectiveness of your annual fund
What you’ll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive study guide to use for future reference
- Checklists for organizing special events
- Training exercises to use in your workplace
- Planning tools for your direct mail program
- Tips from annual fund specialists