Developing Major Gifts
Raise more money by receiving more major gifts. Consistent donors can become major donors when you effectively implement the Eight-Step Major Gifts Management Cycle. Identify and utilize your own communication strengths when meeting with donors to develop major gifts and increase your fundraising success.
Certificates: Fund Raising Management
|Fort Lauderdale||January 17, 2024 - January 19, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
|Atlanta||February 19, 2024 - February 21, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
|Online (Asynchronous)||March 25, 2024 - May 05, 2024||$1,645.00||Register|
|Denver||April 01, 2024 - April 03, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
|Indianapolis||April 29, 2024 - May 01, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
|Chicago||June 03, 2024 - June 05, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
|Virtual (Live)||June 04, 2024 - July 16, 2024||$1,595.00||Register|
Developing Major Gifts is offered in the following three formats:
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Online (Asynchronous) Schedule
The asynchronous online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you’ll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual (Live) Schedule
The live, virtual class is held over six sessions from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform. More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
The June 4-July 16, 2024 virtual class will be held on the following dates:
Tuesday, June 4
Tuesday, June 11
Tuesday, June 18
Tuesday, June 25
No class the week of July 4 due to holiday
Tuesday, July 9
Tuesday, July 16
For a complete course agenda, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person, online, and virtual dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Developing Major Gifts qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card or check. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Use your mission to motivate volunteers
- Develop an organizational vision for major gifts
- Organize your major gift program
- Provide and cultivate leadership for your major gifts program
- Help volunteers overcome their resistance to asking for gifts
- Respond to objections in your presentation
- Define the roles of board and staff in major gift fundraising
- Manage the eight-step major gifts process
- Use current research to guide your approach
- Forge leadership partnerships
What you’ll receive
- Planning outlines
- Vision statement outline
- A comprehensive, easy-to-understand study guide with background reading