Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Dallas||February 26, 2018–February 28, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Miami||March 5, 2018–March 7, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|San Francisco||April 9, 2018–April 11, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Rochester, MI||April 23, 2018–April 25, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Online||May 7, 2018–June 15, 2018||$1,645||Register|
|Denver||May 16, 2018–May 18, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Washington, D.C.||June 11, 2018–June 13, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Chicago||June 25, 2018–June 27, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||July 23, 2018–July 25, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||August 20, 2018–August 22, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Atlanta||September 5, 2018–September 7, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Online||October 8, 2018–November 16, 2018||$1,645||Register|
|Phoenix||November 5, 2018–November 7, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 12, 2018–November 14, 2018||$1,595||Register|
Developing Major Gifts is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Developing Major Gifts qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Use your mission to motivate volunteers
- Develop an organizational vision for major gifts
- Organize your major gift program
- Provide and cultivate leadership for your major gifts program
- Help volunteers overcome their resistance to asking for gifts
- Respond to objections in your presentation
- Define the roles of board and staff in major gift fundraising
- Manage the eight-step major gifts process
- Use current research to guide your approach
- Forge leadership partnerships
What you’ll receive
- Planning outlines
- Vision statement outline
- A comprehensive, easy-to-understand study guide with background reading