Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Portland||January 22, 2020–January 24, 2020||$1,595||Closed|
|New York City||February 10, 2020–February 12, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||February 24, 2020–February 26, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Houston||February 24, 2020–February 26, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Miami||March 2, 2020–March 4, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Detroit||April 20, 2020–April 22, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|New York City||May 4, 2020–May 6, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Online||May 11, 2020–June 19, 2020||$1,645||Register|
|Denver||May 18, 2020–May 20, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Washington, D.C.||June 29, 2020–July 1, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Kansas City (Overland Park)||July 20, 2020–July 22, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||July 27, 2020–July 29, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||August 17, 2020–August 19, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Atlanta||August 31, 2020–September 2, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|San Diego||September 9, 2020–September 11, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Minneapolis||October 5, 2020–October 7, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Online||October 5, 2020–November 13, 2020||$1,645||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 9, 2020–November 11, 2020||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 30, 2020–December 2, 2020||$1,595||Register|
Developing Major Gifts is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Developing Major Gifts qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Use your mission to motivate volunteers
- Develop an organizational vision for major gifts
- Organize your major gift program
- Provide and cultivate leadership for your major gifts program
- Help volunteers overcome their resistance to asking for gifts
- Respond to objections in your presentation
- Define the roles of board and staff in major gift fundraising
- Manage the eight-step major gifts process
- Use current research to guide your approach
- Forge leadership partnerships
What you’ll receive
- Planning outlines
- Vision statement outline
- A comprehensive, easy-to-understand study guide with background reading