Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Indianapolis||July 24, 2023–July 26, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Online (Asynchronous)||August 7, 2023–October 1, 2023||$1,345||Register|
|Virtual (Live)||September 20, 2023–October 25, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 6, 2023–November 8, 2023||$1,295||Register|
|Grapevine (Dallas-Fort Worth)||December 4, 2023–December 6, 2023||$1,295||Register|
Planned Giving is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Online (Asynchronous) Schedule
The asynchronous online course is eight weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual (Live) Schedule
The live, virtual class is held over six sessions from 2pm to 5pm Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform.
The virtual course will be held on six Wednesday's: September 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18, and 25.
More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
View the virtual course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Planned Giving: Getting the Proper Start qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine if your organization is ready for a planned giving program
- Understand the benefits to donors for making planned gifts
- Recognize which planned gifts are best for certain donor situations
- Match donor needs to your nonprofit’s needs
- Understand appreciated property, deposit agreements, wills and bequests, insurance, and charitable lead trusts
What you’ll receive
- Easy-to-understand study guide as a handy reference
- IRS information
- How to start and market a new program
- Sample forms and documents that can be applied to your program
- Planned gift development bibliography