Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Online||August 5, 2019–September 13, 2019||$1,345||Full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.|
|Chicago||August 12, 2019–August 14, 2019||$1,295||Seats are limited.Register|
|Indianapolis||September 4, 2019–September 6, 2019||$1,295||Seats are limited.Register|
|Indianapolis||March 9, 2020–March 11, 2020||$1,295||Register|
|Online||April 6, 2020–May 15, 2020||$1,345||Register|
|Washington, D.C.||May 18, 2020–May 20, 2020||$1,295||Register|
|Chicago||June 8, 2020–June 10, 2020||$1,295||Register|
Planned Giving is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is three days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The online course is six weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Planned Giving: Getting the Proper Start qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School and its faculty assume a baseline knowledge of the concepts and terminology from “Principles & Techniques of Fundraising” in teaching this course.
You’ll learn how to
- Determine if your organization is ready for a planned giving program
- Understand the benefits to donors for making planned gifts
- Recognize which planned gifts are best for certain donor situations
- Match donor needs to your nonprofit’s needs
- Understand appreciated property, deposit agreements, wills and bequests, insurance, and charitable lead trusts
What you’ll receive
- Easy-to-understand study guide as a handy reference
- IRS information
- How to start and market a new program
- Sample forms and documents that can be applied to your program
- Planned gift development bibliography