Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|New York City||October 22, 2018–October 25, 2018||$1,595||FULL|
|Indianapolis||November 5, 2018–November 8, 2018||$1,595||Seats are limited.Register|
|Dallas||November 12, 2018–November 15, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|IUPUI University Library||December 3, 2018–December 6, 2018||$1,595||Register|
|Online||January 7, 2019–March 1, 2019||$1,645||Full. Please email email@example.com to be added to the wait list.|
|Indianapolis||January 8, 2019–January 11, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|San Francisco||January 22, 2019–January 25, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Phoenix||February 4, 2019–February 7, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||February 11, 2019–February 14, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Los Angeles||February 25, 2019–February 28, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Online||March 4, 2019–April 26, 2019||$1,645||Register|
|Indianapolis||March 18, 2019–March 21, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Chicago||March 25, 2019–March 28, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Kansas City||April 15, 2019–April 18, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Rochester, MI||April 23, 2019–April 26, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Washington, D.C.||April 29, 2019–May 2, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Online||June 3, 2019–July 26, 2019||$1,645||Register|
|Indianapolis||June 10, 2019–June 13, 2019||$1,595||Register|
|Atlanta||June 24, 2019–June 27, 2019||$1,595||Register|
Principles & Techniques of Fundraising is offered in-person in multiple cities or online.
The in-person class is four days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 4: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The online course is eight weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person and online dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Principles & Techniques of Fundraising qualifies for 27.0 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The baseline course for all of The Fund Raising School courses.
Our trademark course—the definitive training program for fundraisers
Recognized internationally, Principles & Techniques provides you with the foundation and inspiration to achieve your organization's financial goals. This course presents the total framework for operating an accomplished fund development program. In just four days you will gain A-through-Z knowledge and skills that are essential for fundraising success.
You’ll learn how to
- Identify and validate prospective donors
- Manage the fundraising process
- Use research to match a donor’s interests and needs with your nonprofit’s mission and goals
- Build an annual fund donor base that keeps on giving
- Manage the process of raising money
- Recognize planned giving benefits to your donors and to your nonprofit
- Structure a successful solicitation
- Respond to challenges and ethical dilemmas with professional skill
What you’ll receive
- On a flash drive, a comprehensive 700-page study guide plus an accompanying workbook
- Gift club ideas
- Board strengths inventory
- Donor evaluation forms
- Invaluable bibliography from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Formulas for establishing best-practice benchmarks
- A chance to network and build long-lasting, cross-mentoring relationships with other professionals
The Fundraising Cube
The Fundraising Cube is a colorful desktop reminder of The Fund Raising School’s internationally-regarded fundraising management process. This handy reference is a source of pride for alumni.