Certificates: Fund Raising Management
When and where
|Indianapolis||August 2, 2021–August 5, 2021||$1,595||FULL|
|Washington, D.C.||August 23, 2021–August 26, 2021||$1,595||Register|
|Online||September 6, 2021–October 31, 2021||$1,645||Register|
|Virtual classroom||September 7, 2021–October 26, 2021||$1,595||Virtual: 8 TuesdaysRegister|
|Indianapolis||September 13, 2021–September 16, 2021||$1,595||Register|
|Chicago||September 27, 2021–September 30, 2021||$1,595||Full. Please email email@example.com to be added to the wait list.|
|Indianapolis||October 11, 2021–October 14, 2021||$1,595||Register|
|Online||October 11, 2021–December 5, 2021||$1,645||Register|
|Indianapolis||November 1, 2021–November 4, 2021||$1,595||Register|
|Indianapolis||December 6, 2021–December 9, 2021||$1,595||Register|
Principles & Techniques of Fundraising is offered in the following three formats :
The in-person class is four days in length.
Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 3: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Day 4: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
The asynchronous online course is eight weeks in length.
Each week you'll have a course module to complete. Each module consists of:
- readings from a PDF study guide
- viewing a pre-recorded narrated presentation
- completing a 10-question quiz where you must score a 7 or higher
- engaging in forum discussions with others
- and submitting assignments.
More details about the online format and requirements may be viewed here.
Virtual Class Schedule
The virtual class is held over eight Tuesdays from 2pm to 5pm Eastern and hosted using the Zoom platform.
More details about the virtual format and requirements may be viewed here.
View the in-person class agenda.
View the online course agenda.
The virtual course agenda will be available soon.
The location next to each course date indicates if the course is being held in-person (e.g. city name) or online.
For in-person classes, please click on the city name for further details and recommended hotel accommodations.
Registrants for in-person, online, and virtual dates will receive complete course logistical information upon registration.
- CFRE Education Points
Full participation in many of The Fund Raising School’s courses fulfill education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Principles & Techniques of Fundraising qualifies for 27.0 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The baseline course for all of The Fund Raising School courses.
Our trademark course—the definitive training program for fundraisers
Recognized internationally, Principles & Techniques provides you with the foundation and inspiration to achieve your organization's financial goals. This course presents the total framework for operating an accomplished fund development program. In just four days you will gain A-through-Z knowledge and skills that are essential for fundraising success.
You’ll learn how to
- Identify and validate prospective donors
- Manage the fundraising process
- Use research to match a donor’s interests and needs with your nonprofit’s mission and goals
- Build an annual fund donor base that keeps on giving
- Manage the process of raising money
- Recognize planned giving benefits to your donors and to your nonprofit
- Structure a successful solicitation
- Respond to challenges and ethical dilemmas with professional skill
What you’ll receive
- On a flash drive, a study guide plus an accompanying workbook
- Gift club ideas
- Board strengths inventory
- Donor evaluation forms
- Invaluable bibliography from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Formulas for establishing best-practice benchmarks
- A chance to network and build long-lasting, cross-mentoring relationships with other professionals
The Fundraising Cube
The Fundraising Cube is a colorful desktop reminder of The Fund Raising School’s internationally-regarded fundraising management process. This handy reference is a source of pride for alumni.