Certificates: Nonprofit Executive Leadership
When and where
|Online >>||November 6, 2017–December 1, 2017||$1,050||Register|
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $275.
The Fund Raising School, an international leader in fundraising training and professional development, and the IU Executive Education at the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, a nationally ranked leader in nonprofit management education, are pleased to announce this course offering. It is one of four required courses for the Certificate in Nonprofit Executive Leadership.
What this course is about
Strategic planning is essential for the effective leadership and management of nonprofit organizations, particularly in volatile and uncertain operating environments. This course will explore key aspects of building and sustaining a high performance organization through strategic planning. Participants will learn a practical model for conducting successful strategic planning. In the process, participants will create improvement plans for revising and updating existing strategic plans, and create individualized plans for professional growth and development relating to their own leadership styles. Topics include:
- Leading and managing the process of strategic planning
- Engaging board, staff and other stakeholders
- Leading and measuring implementation of the strategic plan
How will this course help you?
You will leave this seminar with clear action steps for refining and sustaining your strategic plan and enhancing your leadership effectiveness. Using an experiential and problem-solving approach, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do I improve my strategic plan?
- How do I utilize metrics to achieve desired outcomes?
- How do I improve my own leadership abilities?
- How do I effectively engage people to produce results?
Class schedule (in-person)
- Day 1: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Day 2: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Class schedule (online)
The online course is four weeks in length.Discover the online environment View the online agenda
- 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)